Thursday, September 22, 2011

Soy Free Vitamins

I have had a lot of trouble finding a children's daily vitamin that includes iron and is soy free. For L the challenge was Gelatin Free and Dye Free. The answer has been: L takes
A special thank you to all the Vegans who have made a market for "gelatin free" vitamins and other health foods. We found these vitamins at a locally owned health food store. You can buy them on the internet cheaper. I may do that next time, assuming I plan ahead in time. For B the challenge is he is allergic to SOY. He could eat the very popular Flintstones Complete:
But, I am trying to avoid the Red Dye for him as well, to avoid a future allergy (my own concocted method, not one I have reviewed with the allergist yet) Currently I spend a lot of time on the elementary school grounds. I have met many great people. I recently met a neat lady who works at Whole Food Market. She has become a great resource for me on healthy foods and vitamins. She recently informed me that most vitamins were wheat based until recently when the price of wheat went up....then they mainly became soy-based because soy is cheaper. I have not been able to discover for sure if the above mentioned vitamin, that L takes, only contains soybean oil and/or soy lechitin or if it contains the soy protein, flour, etc that B has to avoid. This post is motivating me to write Bluebonnet and ask if there vitamin just contains soybean oil....or actual soy protein and/or soy flour. I will get back to you if I receive a response. Do you have a favorite Soy-free, dye free-vitamin that contains iron??? Please share!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment