Thursday, September 8, 2011

School-IHP

L has begun Kindergarten! I can't believe he is old enough! Don't all mothers say that! I spent a lot of time doing paperwork, arranging medications and talking to his teacher to get ready. We decided to do an Individual Health Plan instead of a 504B. I feel this is the best decision this year. I really might change my mind! The District cut the school Nurses and replaced them with Health Aides. Our Health Aide is so sweet and kind, but she is a former Art Teacher, not a medical background:( The Health Aide is organized and even gave me her cell number. L's teacher is super nice and is providing (to her best ability) a peanut-free room. L is doing the "snack box" provided from home and lunches packed at home. He only eats his food! I really feel super strong about this! L knows the rules...only eat food from home. It seems to be working and we are almost a month into school. I really wanted to shelter him and keep him in a nice peanut free bubble....But he wants to SOCIALIZE and learn with great teachers and fun peers! I know in my heart him being at school is what he needs and what is best for him. I only hope God has the patience to listen to my lengthy prayers about keeping my little boy safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment