Thursday, November 17, 2011

Traveling with Food Allergies

I just read an interesting tip at the allergist office yesterday...When traveling bring along more Epipens than you would normally carry. I had never thought to do this. We always travel with L's and B's two pack of Epipen Jr's. We always keep them in a set. So we always travel with four epipens, two for L and two for B. I think this is a great tip for traveling because you may need your Epipen and be either farther from a hospital than usual or not sure of where a hospital is/get lost, etc. (just let your imagination imagine as a mom, mine usually will:) On our next trip we will take our "at home" epipens and "going out" epipens. Love this tip, hope you do too! Why so many Epipens, you maybe wondering? You can use an Epipen every 15 minutes as needed for anaphylaxis. Also, sometimes Epipens don't work or the person who needs the epipen shot fights it and you don't get it injected all the way, several reasons I have heard of and can imagine. I know my L, who is 5 years old, will fight me if the epipen is ever needed because he absolutely hates shots! Safe travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment