Thursday, December 1, 2011

Cholinergic Urticaria

This very much describes L. I feel like this answers the questions to L's hives at the pool and in the bathtub, when running around the backyard, and when just getting too hot at night or when playing indoors. For example, tonight L was wearing a tee-shirt, sweatshirt, and jeans while running around the house playing. He came to me with a few hives on his face and said "Will you help me get this sweatshirt off?" I immediately think
Those hives are tempature related, not food related.
A whole new way of thinking about L's hives, for sure. I am in awe that the answer to his constant hives for the past few years is quite possibly due to tempature changes and quite possibly not food related. I really am amazed at how closely the article in the link describes L's symptoms. As always I am grateful to a loving God who has opened my eyes to yet another answer in understanding my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment